Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Dave in Houston Dave in Houston is offline

Default Speaking of coupons (minor gloat?)

"GarageWoodworks" .@. wrote in message
I think it would have been a gloat, but you walked out with the wrong
router IMHO!

Here is a good review of yours:
http://www.onlinetoolreviews.com/rev...tonrouter2.htm

I would have gone with a PC plunge router!

I've developed a healthy aversion to Porter-Cable products since I got
suckered into springing for the original cordless finish nailer- The BAMMER!
What an unequivical POS and absolute waste of $300 (IIRC).

And now that you've wounded my pride (Oh, death! Where is thy sting?),
just what is it about the PC that makes you pick it over the Triton (or your
next runner-up)? Does the PC have a 12-foot power cord? I haven't even
plugged it in yet so I can return it.

The On-line Tool Review to which you refer concludes thusly:
Conclusion:
As I stated in the review, just about every feature of the new MOF001KC is
an upgrade from the previous model. Size, weight and the ergonomics of the
controls feel good. Dust collection is outstanding. The above table bit
change and height adjustments work great as do the adjustments when using
the router hand held. The included baseplate, fence and guide bushings just
add to the value. I'd really like to see the power cord lengthened to about
12 feet and the soft start electronics tweaked to reduce the startup torque.
All and all the Triton MOF001KC seems to be a well thought out next
generation of the original innovative Triton design and should serve you
well as both a hand held and table mounted router.

-

NuWave Dave in Houston