Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Hanging a sign

On Tue, 31 Jul 2007 07:27:22 -0700, SparkyGuy
wrote:

I don't like the construction adhesive idea because sooner or later that
sign is coming back down. It'll stick too well to the wall and not well
enough to the plastic. Maybe sooner than later when you realize it's
1/16" out of square.

I put up a bathroom mirror with the LN specified for mirrors and I think I
couldn't pull that off without some damage...

Was your wall made out of stucco, like in this case?

And what makes you think it doesn't count if there is damage to the
wall when the sign falls off?

How about some furring strips lagged to the wall,
with the sign screwed to them?

My first thought. But he nixed that because the furring or screws may be
visible (it's about 10 ft from the ground looking straight up from the front
door).

Tell him the furring won't be visible and that the screws are there to
hold the sign on.

I actually don't know how to do this, but I can still just your
answers and they seem like those of someone who has made up his mind
and isn't really considering the problems or alternatives, despite
having asked for help.

Yes he's particular. That's why he's called the boss...

Sparky