Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default Is a 215-lb. safe too heavy to wheel into an apartment buildingby myself?

Chris Tsao wrote:
Hi, I want to buy a safe with these specs I copied and pasted below.
The company doesn't deliver inside houses--they only do curbside
delivery. So I am hoping someone can tell me whether if I borrow a
handtruck from one of the porters or the superintendent of the
building I live in, if I will be able to wheel it into my building on
a ramp or is 215 lbs. too heavy?

The ramp slopes down and it's pretty steep (it starts from the ground
and goes into the basement). Would I need help?

Thanks again.

215 lbs.

Outside 21 1/2 H x 17 W x 18 D

Hi,
Which is concern weight or size? Think piano. Many apartment dwellers
have piano in their place. I think two husky movers will handle it
without big difficulty.