Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] rile42@yahoo.com is offline

Default Lawm mower stalls

I have an MTD, self propelled lawm mower with a 5.5 HP Briggs and
Stratton engine. Over the last several weeks, it has developed a
problem where it starts right up, runs for about 20 minutes and
stops. Sometimes it coughs and sputters for awhile before stalling,
other times it's as if it was turned off. There have been times it's
done that and would restart, other times, I have to wait until the
next day.
I have checked the air filter, checked the gas line, and checked the
spark plug cable. What I haven't done is replaced the spark plug.
If this helps, I thought it started moving alot faster about the time
it happened but for the life of me, I can't see how that would be
connected to the problem.