Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Multimeters

On Tue, 31 Jul 2007 13:28:51 -0700, z wrote:

you know what i would like, though it seems silly; something that
would speak the reading when i have both hands on the leads and can't
take my eye off things long enough to look at the meter.

I'm sure you know there are meters that will hold the reading (or the
maximum reading?) after the probes are removed, until you press the
zero-again button. Not as good, but easier to do.

My friend has a cellphone that takes voice ccommands, but iirc his
complaint is that he has to speak each number. I think he also has to
train the phone. He thinks for all that they should let him give
names to full phone numbers. He spends a lot of time in the truck for
business.