Posted to alt.electronics
Joy Joy is offline

Default Looking for cheap, portable phone tone generator

On Tue, 31 Jul 2007 17:42:22 -0400, JeffM wrote:

Joy wrote:
Does anyone know where I could buy a cheap DTMF tone generator?
I think that's what they are called. They used to be used to enter
touch tone phone sounds into the receivers of dial pay phones
so you could access your answering machine.
[ . . . ]
Thanks for any leads or even the right search keywords on ebay.
I didn't find any with my searches.

I believe you're over-thinking this:
http://www.google.com/search?q=dialer+hold-it-up-to

And sorry if these aren't appropriate newsgroups.

It is kinda a misc.consumers question.

Ok. I'm not sure how I'm over-thinking this... I appreciate ideas and
comments.
I didn't see anything on your google search although the keyword 'dialer'
was very helpful.

Thank you!