Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Carl Carl is offline

Default General Motors Mistake

On Jul 31, 7:09 pm, Erik wrote:
Hi all,

General Motors, builders of vehicle shaped objects that still include
limited metal content have really embarrassed themselves with this
one... absolutely beyond belief.

http://digg.com/environment/General_...With_Rush_Limb...
_Eco_Friendly_Ad

Sorry about the long link, the tinyurl link below points to the same
'digg' listing.

http://preview.tinyurl.com/2n5wkk

Erik

It does sound a little strange (OK very strange) on the surface, but
advertising is seldom logical because so few people spend their money
logically. A few years back the state of Florida was advertising
"Florida Orange Juice" on Rush's program, both the orange juice sales
and the liberals blood pressure went up significantly. Liberal groups
called state senators and representatives and got the advertisements
pulled from the show, sales and blood pressure return to pre-Limbaugh
levels. Rush has a big fan base, I would not bet against this selling
a significant number of cars.

What I thought was really, really strange was Peter Coors running for
senate as a family values candidate after years of running beer
advertisements featuring scantily clad young ladies and leering
drunks. Go figure.

Carl Boyd