Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Phil Stein Phil Stein is offline

Default Question for ex military types

On Tue, 31 Jul 2007 21:10:08 +0200, Nick Mueller
wrote:

Don Foreman wrote:

SteveB is a regular relevant contributor, and it's clear that a number
of vets read this NG. *Seems like a reasonable request to me.

1. The following is the original rec.crafts.metalworking charter,
for reference.

Charter
-------

Charter -- REC.CRAFTS.METALWORKING

The USENET newsgroup, rec.crafts.metalworking, is a newsgroup which
discusses various aspects of working with metal, such as (but not
limited to):

machining, as on a lathe, milling machine, grinder, etc.;
numerical control of such machines;
welding, whether by gas, arc, mig, tig, thermite, or other methods;
Metal joining, whether welding, brazing, soldering, riveting,
screwing, folding, etc. (this section was added during the
discussion)
casting various metals by various methods;
hardening/tempering various metals;
blacksmithing/forging;
spinning and hammer work;
sheet metal work;
jewelry-making;
purchasing and/or reconditioning metalworking tools and machinery;
interesting projects;
books on metal technologies and history;

Example areas of interest:

knife/sword making;
automotive repair;
steam engine (model/scale, though full-sized discussions are
welcome!);
art work, such as bronze castings and sculptures;
gunsmithing;
toolmaking, such as for woodworking, further metalworking, etc.;

While the bulk of the discussion will probably be directed towards
small-scale "home" shops, industrial/production discussions are also
quite welcome.

Nick

I'm always happy to help a fellow Veteran when I can - no matter where
they post.