Posted to alt.home.repair
Bud-- Bud-- is offline

Default Crimp-and-tape vs. wirenuts -- for hots?

Doug Miller wrote:
In article , "Percival P. Cassidy" wrote:
On 07/30/07 04:29 pm Doug Miller wrote:

I think the OP came here looking for approval for something that already
happened, like there was no turning back.

A lot of people do that. They usually leave disappointed. :-)

I am the OP. I came, not looking for approval of/for something that had
already happened but expressing amazement that what I found -- black
hots and red hots (thus with 220/240 volts between them), with crimped
connections and a few layers of insulation tape -- could ever have been
kosher.

Just for the record -- if they've been properly crimped and taped, that *does*
meet Code.

I agree.

The thread took a different turn with a related question from bilder99.
There is no indication in his posts that mechanical device or solder was
used.

bilder99 was not looking for approval of what was happening. He thought
what was happening wrong and wanted a 'second opinion'.

--
bud--