Posted to alt.home.repair
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Pegasus Faucet

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

wrote in message
ups.com...
We installed a $300 Pegasus Faucet in 2005. Last week (while on
vacation) the connector for the cold water apparently failed and
caused $60,000 damage to the house.

1. The plumber indicates that the wire-weave risers are both not
typical of quality faucets, and not as reliable as typical copper
risers.

I haven't opened the package for every faucet ever made, but I've installed
a few faucets, and none of them came with risers. I had to provide them. If
they failed, I wouldn't have blamed the faucet manufacturer.

The connector you mentioned - is it part of the riser, or part of the faucet
itself?

Now that I think about it, I recall one faucet that did include some
flex lines from the manufacturer. It was a faucet that accommodated
variable hole spacing and had two separate valve units (hot and cold)
and a spout unit, and flexible lines were provided to connect them. The
supply lines were not provided however, and the lines that were provided
could not cause flooding while away since they were located after the
faucet valves where they would not be pressurized.

Pete C.