Posted to alt.home.repair
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Pegasus Faucet

wrote:

We installed a $300 Pegasus Faucet in 2005. Last week (while on
vacation) the connector for the cold water apparently failed and
caused $60,000 damage to the house.

1. The plumber indicates that the wire-weave risers are both not
typical of quality faucets, and not as reliable as typical copper
risers.

2. While Home Depot said that Pegasus is built by American Standard,
AS doesn't seem to agree.

3. Has anyone else had problems with a Pegasus faucet failing?

I've never seen a faucet that used "wire-weave risers". I've installed a
couple Pegasus faucets and they had the normal copper connections.

I suspect you are referring to the overbraided flexible supply lines
that connect from the supply valve to the inlet risers from the faucet.
These supply lines are not part of the faucet and are not made by
Pegasus or AS. If the labels that are normally on these supply lines are
not still in place you may not even be able to identify what brand they
were.

Pete C.