Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Louis Ohland Louis Ohland is offline

Default Conundrum? Decent benchtop surface grinder

Uh, SARCASM:ON The 115v in my house is standard. I was being cheeky
about typing 155 instead of 115.

Thanks for the link.

"Do you want to fight, or do you want to surf?"

"I'll surf, Sir!"

Pete C. wrote:
Louis Ohland wrote:
Uh, a VFD will interface to my single phase, 20A 155v line?

Pete C. wrote:
Louis Ohland wrote:
Nice little Clausing, but 240/3PH. Oh, my, my, my.
So figure another $200 for a VFD to power it. You do not want to
consider replacing the three phase motor with a single phase one as it's
been reported that they don't run as smoothly as three phase and will
create defects in the ground finish.

Yes, though if you actually have 155V you've got a bit of a problem
there. The VFD normally expects 200-240V input, and yes single phase in
and three phase out. Visit http://www.driveswarehouse.com to look at
some.

Pete C.