Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default Hanging a sign

In article ,
PeterD wrote:

On Mon, 30 Jul 2007 23:56:32 -0700, SparkyGuy
wrote:

The boss wants a sign hung above the front door.

He had a sign made at a sign shop -- 3 ft. x 6 ft. -- made from 3/8 inch
poly-something pliable plastic with vinyl (I think) lettering. In any case,
it's guaranteed for outdoor duty.

My question is regarding mounting. The simplest technique would be to simply
locate and level the sign and put Liquid Nails on the wall (tilt-up concrete
building with stucco texture) and slap on the sign and secure it while the
LN
sets.

Any suggestions, observations, constructive criticism?

Thanks,
Sparky

If it is an area where freezing happens, make sure that ice can't push
the sign off the wall after a few years!

I don't like the construction adhesive idea because sooner or later that
sign is coming back down. It'll stick too well to the wall and not well
enough to the plastic. Maybe sooner than later when you realize it's
1/16" out of square. How about some furring strips lagged to the wall,
with the sign screwed to them?