Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair
Moe Jones Moe Jones is offline

Default Hanging a sign

SparkyGuy wrote:
The boss wants a sign hung above the front door.

He had a sign made at a sign shop -- 3 ft. x 6 ft. -- made from 3/8
inch poly-something pliable plastic with vinyl (I think) lettering.
In any case, it's guaranteed for outdoor duty.

My question is regarding mounting. The simplest technique would be to
simply locate and level the sign and put Liquid Nails on the wall
(tilt-up concrete building with stucco texture) and slap on the sign
and secure it while the LN sets.

Any suggestions, observations, constructive criticism?

Thanks,
Sparky

Just make sure you can legally hang the sign in the area where your shop is.

I did a friend a favor a few years ago by helping him hang a sign on the
side of his building and up came a city inspector was not happy with us
because my friend did not pull a permit. :-(

--
Moe Jones
HVAC Service Technician