Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] flicker@card.com is offline

Default Crimp-and-tape vs. wirenuts -- for hots?

On Mon, 30 Jul 2007 22:13:53 GMT, CJT wrote:

wrote:
snip
By the way, I often see electricians wirenutting wires without
twisting them. This too is dangerous. Yes, I have done it for a
temporary connection, but not permanent.

Some wire nuts are designed specifically for _untwisted_ wires, and if
you twist them first you may be _weakening_ the connection.

Just curious. How do you which are which? I have never seen anything
printed on the packages. I have always twisted wires. That's how I
was taught many years ago. It's easier not to twist, but twisting
seems to make the best connection. As for wirenuts, I dont see how
twisting could weaken the connection.... (unless twisted so much a
wire breaks).