Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Barker[_2_] Steve Barker[_2_] is offline

Default removing paint on gas meter

If my gas company told me that, i'll tell them to come get the ****. They
need me worse than i need them.

"Jackson" wrote in message
. ..
Oddly, around here they take a dim view if you *don't* paint their (I
suppose "our") equipment. My neighbor and I both received a letter
from the gas company several months back asking (telling) us to spruce
up the meter and pipes which were slightly rusty. A quick going over
with a wire brush and some fresh paint, and no more letters. The
neighbor claims that after two letters, the utility will slap a fine
on you - don't know if that's true or not, but there you go.