Posted to uk.d-i-y
Keith Dunbar Keith Dunbar is offline

Default Loft insulation

"John Rumm" wrote in message
Keith Dunbar wrote:

Right. Sounds promising, and not too expensive - given that I would only
need to put the PIR foam boards where I want to have flooring (I'm going
to put 8' x 4' sheets of chipboard on 2" x 1" timbers between rafters for
the bulk of my storage).

With rafters being the sloping bits, I am having trouble visualising
this...

You must forgive my ignorance of the names of all the funny bits of roofs
(maximise screen to view this best)

| | | |
| | | |
| | | |
| | |

| | |

| oooooooooo | | ooooooooo |
| | | |
| |
| | | |
| |
| | | |
| |

There is just about room for a 4' width of chipboard at "ooooooooo"

Where would I be best (i.e. cheapest) going to for this PIR board? How
strong is it?
Can one stand on it? I would need lots of quite long screws to fix the
flooring to the joists.
Is there any reason why I should need to. Could I create a sort of raft of
flooring above the PIR?

Thanks so much for your help.

Keith