Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Here's what happens when you get carless / kickback

"Lee Michaels" wrote in message

I got a severe hematoma once. It was very painful. My dentist nicked a

blood
vessel while putting some novacaine in me. I ended up with a very large
ball bulging out from my neck. Between the pain meds, ice and a lot of

rest,
most of it went away in about three days. It took about a week before
normalcy was restored. I have no desire to repeat that experience again.

Back in the farrier days of my youth, shoeing horses to pay for school, I
did exactly that to a "world champion" paint horse ... and right before a
big show.

The horse was a real booger to shoe, she had injured a number of farrier's,
and no one else around town would work on her. I had used Acepromazine, a
tranquilizer which had to be administered intravenously, on her successfully
in the past just to get her ready for the show ring, but this time I nicked
her jugular and within a few hours she had a basketball sized hematoma on
the side of her neck.

Mortified as I was, the owner's were surprisingly philosophical about it. I
still shudder when I think about it. Probably get sued to hell and back in
this day and age.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 6/1/07