Posted to alt.home.repair
Percival P. Cassidy Percival P. Cassidy is offline

Default Crimp-and-tape vs. wirenuts -- for hots?

On 07/30/07 04:29 pm Doug Miller wrote:

I think the OP came here looking for approval for something that already
happened, like there was no turning back.

A lot of people do that. They usually leave disappointed. :-)

I am the OP. I came, not looking for approval of/for something that had
already happened but expressing amazement that what I found -- black
hots and red hots (thus with 220/240 volts between them), with crimped
connections and a few layers of insulation tape -- could ever have been
kosher.

I have remade the connections using wirenuts -- as I intended to do all
along.

Perce