Posted to alt.home.repair
Edward[_3_] Edward[_3_] is offline

Default Let there be Light! (T8 Light that is)

On Mon, 30 Jul 2007 22:14:24 -0000, Big_Jake
wrote:

On Jul 30, 3:30 pm, (Edward) wrote:
On Mon, 30 Jul 2007 13:09:37 -0000, Big_Jake

wrote:

I have the boc screwed to a stud inside the wall, I didn't take a
picture of it.

Screwed to a stud inside the wall but still accessible, right? It's a
big no-no to "bury a box" in the wall. Please explain.

JK

More or less.
Its in a big space above the fridge, there must be two cubic yards of
space in there.
Once I take out the grate the light I just installed shines through, I
can reach up there and grab the box.

As long as you can get at it (accessible) it is OK. This may sound
stupid, but it must have a cover too.

JK

Yes, I can get to it.
I may hit my head, but a human can get ti it.
The fixture is grounded.
http://img502.imageshack.us/my.php?i...sc00912sk9.jpg

Here is the actual box - secured.
http://img404.imageshack.us/my.php?i...sc00913ok5.jpg

I go to look at the other lights I'm replacing? this is what I find.

http://img404.imageshack.us/my.php?i...sc00914vh4.jpg

http://img502.imageshack.us/my.php?i...sc00915mp5.jpg