Posted to alt.home.repair
William Underhill William Underhill is offline

Default GFI gone bonkers

wrote:

Well, I was about to take your advice and change the thing when I
discovered what I had done. I put the hot on the LINE end of the
thing and the neutral on the LOAD end..... OOPS.....
I forget these are not regular outlets where it dont matter which
screw is used as long as the color codes are correct. That sure makes
it act weird. I put both wires on the LINE end and it works fine now.

By the way, I wasn't drunk. I drink a 12 pack or more every day so
it's no big deal. It makes routine jobs like this, more fun. I built
my whole house myself and did it using Budweiser for fuel. The
household PMS master dont bug me as much when I am drinking. She
knows better.

Good thing you weren't working for someone else, 'cuz you'd be fired. If
something had happened and caused a fire, you'd be culpable. On the
other hand, with your attitude, would you admit to your mistake and that
it was made while drunk to the police and fire department? Somehow I
think not.

W. Underhill

--
"Take sides! Always take sides! You may sometimes be wrong - but the man
who refuses to take sides must *always* be wrong! Heaven save us from