Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren Oren is offline

Default Update to: What could have done this to my vinyl siding?

On Mon, 30 Jul 2007 18:08:34 GMT, (Doug Miller)
wrote:

In article , Oren wrote:
On Mon, 30 Jul 2007 11:25:36 -0500, dpb wrote:

Smitty Two wrote:
My skepticism about the barbecue is that, as others have said, it's a
hell of an unlikely place to park a barbecue. Railing in the way, right
in front of the door.

To "park" it yes...to use it from in the kitchen w/o having to walk so
far; not such a stretch...

http://pics.bbzzdd.com/users/Squisher/IMG_6627.JPG

Look at the bottom piece of vinyl, between the door and railing. That
piece also seems discolored (hard to tell), so I would guess it is not
the grill if the bottom piece is damaged..

All the more reason that I think it's due to the overspray of the stain and
the solvent the OP used to wipe it up.

The Lift-Off product he used to clean up the over spray lists "trade
secret ingredients", plus Acetone. Not sure what the secret stuff
would do :-))

MSDS

http://www.liftoffinc.com/pdfs/5_MSDS.PDF

--