Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bert Plank Bert Plank is offline

Default Slip Roll - Aluminum?

Build one, its not that hard. I built the roller that is shown on metalweb
news in their dropbox. It does an excellent job on 3/16 aluminum up to 24"
wide.

Bert
"Brian" wrote in message
. ..
We're a small shop and we're looking to purchase a machine to roll parts.

I'd need something with the capacity to roll 1/8 inch aluminum. Width
wouldn't need to be more than 18 inches--the more, the better but not
necessary. Manual (hand crank) is also fine.

Do any of you know of a slip roll that would handle 1/8 aluminum, or is my
only option a plate roller? There's a pretty big jump in price from slip
rolls to plate rollers, and I can't justify the cost of a plate roller.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks,

Brian