Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default Update to: What could have done this to my vinyl siding? *URGENT*

In article , "Pete C." wrote:
Doug Miller wrote:

In article , "Pete C."

wrote:
Doug Miller wrote:

In article , "Pete C."
wrote:
Doug Miller wrote:

In the original photo, the center of the damaged area can be seen to be

at
roughly the same height as the handle on the sliding door. In the

second
set
of photos, that same handle is visible at roughly the same height as

the
countertop backsplash -- thus, while some of the damage is indeed below
the
cabinet top, not all of it is. Nearly half of it is above as well, and

the
visibly damaged area on the outside definitely extends at least a short
distance above the top of the backsplash.

So suddenly OSB has the same fire rating as sheetrock? I'm sure the fire
marshal would be very surprised.

Where did I say that? First, you can't see things that plainly *are*

there.
Now, you *are* seeing things that *aren't* there.

So you're claiming that a fire inside the wall that transfers enough
heat through the OSB to deform the vinyl siding is also certain to
transfer enough heat through the sheetrock on the other side of the wall
to show indications on the fairly dark painted wall surface?

In addition to your vision problems, you also seem to have *serious*
difficulty with reading comprehension. Another poster suggested that any
damage that might have occurred on the inside would be hidden because it's
below the level of the countertop. I wrote what you quoted above in response,
pointing out only that not *all* of the damaged area is below the countertop.
I made no claims one way or the other about whether damage would, or would
not, be visible on the inside as a result of your mythical magic fire that
discolors siding on the side away from the heat without disturbing the side
toward the heat. Any notion that I did is solely the product of your
imagination.

Where is your evidence that the siding is not discolored on it's back
side? I've not seen the OP post anything of the sort.

There's your reading comprehension problem again. I never once said that it
was not -- I said the OP should check to see if it is.

--
Regards,