brownnsharp

Default OT - Lawn Tractors & Small farm tractors

I have owned two lawn-tractor/mowers since I moved to Houston. The
Briggs and Stratton engine in both machines (MTD and Murray)outlasted
the rest of the machine.

The lawn mower type tractors are not heavy enough for real tractor
work. They lack brakes and only have one wheel powered up at a time
(No axle lock up or positract action) The MTD unit has variable cone
pulleys for changing speed. Big joke. It is MUCH more reliable to
have gears in a sealed up gear box. I have to screw with the belts
all the time. The bushings on the wheels for turning are plastic, and
wear out within a couple of years. Hassle Hassle Hassle.

Brownnsharp