Posted to alt.home.repair
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Update to: What could have done this to my vinyl siding? *URGENT*

Doug Miller wrote:

In the original photo, the center of the damaged area can be seen to be at
roughly the same height as the handle on the sliding door. In the second set
of photos, that same handle is visible at roughly the same height as the
countertop backsplash -- thus, while some of the damage is indeed below the
cabinet top, not all of it is. Nearly half of it is above as well, and the
visibly damaged area on the outside definitely extends at least a short
distance above the top of the backsplash.

So suddenly OSB has the same fire rating as sheetrock? I'm sure the fire
marshal would be very surprised.

Pete C.