Posted to alt.electronics
[email protected] coetzee.evert@gmail.com is offline

Default One shot

On Jul 29, 7:26 pm, "Stephen J. Rush" wrote:
On Sat, 28 Jul 2007 21:08:09 -0400, Broderick Crawford wrote:
What't the difference between a retriggerable one shot and a regular
relay? Isn't that the same thing?

The basic one-shot will ignore a trigger pulse that arrives during its
'on' period. A retriggerable one-shot will stay 'on' for as long as
triggers arrive before the circuit reverts to the 'off' state. One of the
uses of the retriggerable version is as a watchdog timer, to raise an
alarm if an expected event doesn't happen on time.

Hi

This sounds like exactly the thing I need. I read up on relays on
internet but still I dont' find any that has an 'ON period'. Can you
explain more or tell me how to search for them.

What I want to do is as following. I want a small voltage (A) to
trigger an event (B). The B process must run for longer than the A
signal.

E.g you briefly press a button and a motor starts turning. Once a
complete revolution is done, it stops and you can press the button
again to start the process.