Posted to rec.woodworking
Wade Lippman Wade Lippman is offline

Default Recycling a DC?

"Mortimer Schnerd, RN" mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com wrote in message
Wade Lippman wrote:
I am asking $225 for my 2hp (okay it is only 16a, but it could be 2hp)
cannister DC on craigslist but am getting no response. Next try would be
eBay, but I don't want to go there for an item that can't be shipped.
So, I
am thinking of recycling it.

Isn't the more usual thing to do just be to lower the price? If you can't
sell it for $225, maybe $195 might be somebody's sweet spot.

Of course you get rid of it eventually, but the motor alone is worth $225;
If I can't get that much for it I would rather soup up my jointer and make a
better vacuum.