Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default Update to: What could have done this to my vinyl siding? *URGENT*

In article , dpb wrote:

The solvent problem I think can be discounted as being too far removed
in time

Maybe so, but it's also possible that the OP's memory of what was done when is
imperfect, and that the solvent use was actually much more recent; that's more
likely IMO than an internal heat source that doesn't cause *any* apparent
damage to the OSB, *or*, apparently, to the paint on the inside of the house.

and frankly the damage pattern just doesn't have the shape for
that to have been the cause unless it were a misdirected spray gun blast
and the reported application was rubbing w/ a rag instead...

No, he said he sprayed the stain:

"I did use something to remove some overspray at the time which was the
spring of last year. I think it was Motsenbocker's Lift-Off." [from the OP's
second post in the original thread]

Only when and if OP actually finishes an investigation and reports back
will anything else possibly be learned...

True enough.

--
Regards,