Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan Joseph Meehan is offline

Default Vinyl Siding Thickness Does it Matter?

wrote:
I am doing the installation myself. Using Owens Corning. Is there
any advantage to using a .044 verses .042 on traditional double four?
Will the installation be better? Will it last longer? Doesn't seem
like much difference in vinyl thickness. Price is not an issue.
Thanks

Well there are certainly differences in quality of vinyl siding. In
general thicker is better and it will likely give you a better looking
longer lasting and quieter result. When I re-side I will be looking for the
thick stuff. Installation plays a very big part in the final result.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit