Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Dusk to Dawn Bulbs

On 30 Jul, 13:54, "Ed" wrote:

I have two dusk to dawn fluorescent bulbs, I have placed in my house ,
although they come on at dusk they keep switching on and off during the
night, they came from Toolstation and I have exchanged one and the new one
is just the same , Any tips on how to position these bulbs and if they would
be better without lamp shades, or would they perhaps be faulty Thanks E

Maybe the light sensor is seeing the lamp's own light reflected back
at it, and thinking its daylight. Solution would be to shield the
sensor from the light from the bulb as far as poss.

NT