Posted to uk.d-i-y,cam.misc
Matt Matt is offline

Default What (new) building/local regulations would YOU enforce in 'flood plain ' builds?

On Mon, 23 Jul 2007 08:08:02 -0700, wrote:

Doors could be atop dwarf walls where flooding occurs to low level
only. This would interfere with wheelchair access requirement though.

Which is precisely why almost all the requirements of Prat M should be
binned (along with Prat P)

Level access is, to the vast majority of the population a complete
abomination. Or, more simply put: If you're a cripple, then pay or
use your insurance payout to have your house converted, but don't
inflict your ****ty design 'improvements' on the rest of the
population.

I don't want sockets halfway up a wall, light switches in a similarly
stupid place and a door threshold that means the inside of the house
floods at the slightest hint of surface water outside. If I ever get
in such a state as to need any of the above will someone get me ****ed
and send me on a short stagger along a railway line.