Posted to alt.home.repair

Default A/C Window unit 10K

Ah, a real man. Would you use a Colt six shooter?

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

"Telstra" wrote in message
: DONT torture it to death SHOOT IT
: "MikeL" wrote in message
: ups.com...
: this unit is a 1.5 years old and it cuts out the external
: overload....jumping out the exteral OL, the compressor runs,
but you
: can feel it heating up and it will eventually cut out the
internal
: overload. I know these units are probably not worth replacing
: compressor..
: But I was wondering...is it possibly an internal problem w/
the
: compressor or could it be a low freon problem causing high
pressure,
: and then cutting out? Is it worth putting a line tap on it to
check
: the pressures to see? (I don't mind 'tinkering' w/ it, but I
don't
: want to put any money in it)
: Thanks for your advise!
: