Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren Oren is offline

Default Update to: What could have done this to my vinyl siding?

On Sun, 29 Jul 2007 16:26:10 -0500, dpb wrote:

Oren wrote:
On Sun, 29 Jul 2007 21:08:41 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski"
wrote:

"Dan Espen" wrote in message
If it was chemicals, I think it would still be soft.
Some plastics absorb chemicals, especially colorants *, and never get soft
at all. If it was softened by a solvent, once the aromatics dried, it would
become hard again.

*Rit dye works especially well with nylon.

The OP did state (first thread) before, that he used a chemical in
'06. The product he used did have Acetone (and trade secrets). He
cleaned over spray of stain off the siding.

But he also claims this wasn't this way two weeks ago so if that is
indeed true, pretty much rules out the '06 application...

And, it just doesn't look look chemical damage to me from the pictures,
but heat...

I have asked myself; if there might be and "illegal" electrical box
inside the wall that burnt, but it seems the OP has no
breaker/electrical problems (unless I missed it)

I will really enjoy what the true cause is; given all the replies!

--
Oren