Posted to rec.woodworking,sci.chem.coatings,alt.home.repair,alt.construction
Mail Man Bob Mail Man Bob is offline

Default Vapor barrier coating for particle board

Good question. Shellac was my first thought also. Anyone have more ideas
as to what kind of sealer would be best?

Also, I looked at water-based and oil-based. I'll have to do the
application in the house, so whichever will dissipate quicker and still seal
good would be best for me.

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
ink.net...
"Mail Man Bob" wrote:

My thought is to coat the uncovered surfaces with some kind of sealer -
either a primer or water seal product - to seal in any vapors inside.

Why not shellac?

Lew