Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
SteveB SteveB is offline

Default Moving a 20' shipping container Results

"Stuart Pearson" wrote in message
Thank you all for your kind advice and tips. On friday two of us moved in
into place, unfortuntley due to the weather I was unable to take any
pictures (it rained for most of the day). I ended up building a set of
rails out of 2" pipe sitting 2 x 8's as sleepers and rolled it along using
more 2" pipe as rollers and a couple of 5' bars as levers.

Every thing ran very smoothly and in a controled fashion, but if I was to
do it again I would of liked to of had another toe jack and an extra pair
of hand would not of gone a miss. I certainly would tackle a similar task
again. Once again thank you all for your advice.

Stuart

It's just like dice. You think it through. You place your bet. You roll
the dice.

Steve