Posted to alt.home.repair
CraigT CraigT is offline

Default Update to: What could have done this to my vinyl siding?

"dpb" wrote in message ...
dpb wrote:
I kinda' like Smitty's WAG -- ...

Another WAG -- didn't have a service tech or somebody doing some exterior
plumbing or HVAC or other work that would have had a torch, perchance?
Looks a lot like a torch laid down on a temporary bench or table pointing
that way from a few feet away could have done...

-

Nobody has done any work outside of me staining the deck.

And, the grill is never moved near the house.

You know, when I say lightning, I don't mean a direct hit, but if the gutter
took a hit then it traveled down the house to ground and in the process
jumped from the siding to that deck railing or if hit the railing and tried
to seek out the wiring behind that wall to get to ground it might have been
diffused enough to do this.

Hey, I know I'm reaching here.