Posted to alt.home.repair
No Name

Default Update to: What could have done this to my vinyl siding?

"CraigT" wrote in message
news
Originaal post:

http://pics.bbzzdd.com/users/Squisher/IMG_6627.JPG

There are no heat sources behind that wall besides a toaster oven that

sits
on the counter top and is seldom used. I would think any heat source from
inside would have caused some damage to the cabinet directly above. This

is
new housing so the walls are insulated.

I haven't used any chemicals on the deck since the spring of '06.

Update:

I got the siding off (hey, it's been raining around here).

http://pics.bbzzdd.com/users/Squishe...denosiding.JPG

http://pics.bbzzdd.com/users/Squishe...ecoversoff.JPG

All the electrical wiring and connections look sound and unblemished.

The switch for the outside light is a different circuit, but that outside
outlet is hooked to the kitchen circuit too.

Should I cut a 16" X 8" hole in the sheathing?

Hard to tell from the picture, is the OSB discolored?