Posted to alt.home.repair
Charlie Bress Charlie Bress is offline

Default Rolling Polyester Screen into Frame?

Try to roll the screening in first without the spline. Then, if it has held
its shape, add the spline afterward.
I don't know about polyester, but this works with fiber glass and aluminum.

Charlie

"Ron Hardin" wrote in message
I got a vinyl coated polyester patio door screen, which is strong enough to
be
pet-stab proof, but it's very hard to roll/spline into the existing door
frame.

The included roller tool got nowhere. I found the best substitute was
rolling the round
end of a 12" crescent wrench over the spline material, giving a lot of
working
leverage, but it was slow work. Better ideas?

The material to be pressed in is sort of asterisk-shaped in cross-section.