Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
F. George McDuffee F. George McDuffee is offline

Default Moving a 20' shipping container Results

On Sun, 29 Jul 2007 19:00:29 +0100, "Stuart Pearson"
wrote:

Thank you all for your kind advice and tips. On friday two of us moved in
into place, unfortuntley due to the weather I was unable to take any
pictures (it rained for most of the day). I ended up building a set of
rails out of 2" pipe sitting 2 x 8's as sleepers and rolled it along using
more 2" pipe as rollers and a couple of 5' bars as levers.

Every thing ran very smoothly and in a controled fashion, but if I was to do
it again I would of liked to of had another toe jack and an extra pair of
hand would not of gone a miss. I certainly would tackle a similar task
again. Once again thank you all for your advice.

Stuart

===========
Thanks for the feedback, and I am glad we did not lose a
participant.

Good luck with the rest of the project.

Unka' George [George McDuffee]
Merchants have no country.
The mere spot they stand on
does not constitute so strong an attachment
as that from which they draw their gains.

Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826),
U.S. president. Letter, 17 March 1814.