Posted to alt.home.repair

Default propane tank date

"Pete C." wrote in message

You aren't locked into anything, you still own the tank and can fill of
exchange it anywhere. Mostly you're paying for the eventual recert or
hydro cost in installments and never actually have to deal with it. In
the case of cylinder exchange for welding gasses you also have the
advantage of an "instant fill" vs. waiting a day or two to have a
specific tank refilled.

Pete C.

I was told that other dealers cant/won't fill Blue Rhino tanks. Something
about the fill valve being different. Never had one, never tried, so I
don't know for certain.

As for paying the hydro, at a premium of $5 a tanks, and I fill up maybe 10
to 15 times a year, I can buy two new tanks every year. That is a premium
of $600 over the 12 year life of a tank. Better that money be in my pocket
than subsidizing the guys always trading in their out of date and non-OPD
tanks.

Never had to wait a day or two to have a tank filled either. There are a
dozen places around here that will do in on the spot. Even in the winter
they do it while I wait.