Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] rayjohn3@gmail.com is offline

Default Lost oil from central a/c unit

Hi ,Not sure what I did wrong but I added freon for a frozen Rheem 3
ton central a/c unit, After the ice melted in the aie handler the
pressure on the low side shot up to 100 from 40. I decided to remove
some freon from the unit. I used the low pressure side to remove the
freon . After a while I noticed that I lost about 6 0z. of oil. So I
decided to remove freon using the high pressure side. That worked
alot better with very little oil loss. Finally I got the low pressure
side to about 65 and the unit is working well. I have 2 questions
now., How do I replace the oil back the the central a/c unit? And Why
did the pressure rise after the ice melted in the air handler. Any
advice would help. Ray