Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
DanG DanG is offline

Default Electric jack hammerl opinion

Wacker makes great tools, though I didn't know they made and have
not used their electric jackhammer.

I own the Bosch. I don't think you would ever touch one for $500
assuming it did still run. One of my guys dropped mine, cracked
the handle. Handle was $15, decided to put in an O ring kit
($55). Can't tell you it looks like a new one, but hits like a
new one.

Be very aware, these things don't hit like air driven hammers, but
are much cleaner and quieter. If you're breaking out the
driveway, get air. If you changing a bit of plumbing or cannot
have the dust, use the electric.

--
Keep the whole world singing . . . .

"SteveB" wrote in message
A pawn shop near me has an electric jackhammer, a Wacker brand
that is IIRC a subsidiary of Caterpillar. The unit is about
$1700 new. It has a cart, and three bits. Looks lightly used.
He wants $600 and won't move. I offered him three, and if he has
it tomorrow, I'll offer him four.

Anyone know what these usually sell for used?

Steve