Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ecnerwal Ecnerwal is offline

Default Using Air Bags to lift ramps

In article .com,
wrote:

Here are my obsticles. The ground clearance is about 4" where the
lifting must occur, and the distance it must lift is about 14" total,
or 10 inches from the lift point.

As far as I know, this would eliminate any hydraulic bottle type jack
because of the stroke required.

Well, you could always chew a hole in the floor to mount hydraulic jacks
or cylinders in. You could also just buy a pair of air-over hydraulic
floor jacks, which should be faster and able to work in tandem, and
might even be able to be set in place semi-permanently. I don't know if
there are any short/small bottle jacks that make use of telescoping
cylinders - seems unlikely.