Posted to alt.home.repair
HVACTECH2 HVACTECH2 is offline

Default Idiot Walmart Employees in Paint Dept.

On Sat, 28 Jul 2007 22:40:56 -0500, clifto wrote:

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"Shaun Eli" wrote in message
The first time the clerk told me, when I was buying
lamp cord, which color was for positive and which for negative... it
took me ten minutes to explain alternating current to him.

Uh, take a good look at some of your cords; note the subtle difference.
Take a look at the plugs for polarity. If you don't see the differences,
go to a good hardware store and ask the guy about it.

So tell us, which color of lamp cord is positive and which is negative?

It isn't that there is a pos and neg. it is which is hot and ehcich is
neutral. think of it this way, would you rather have the outer shell
of the socket hot or the innner dot of the socket hot?