Posted to alt.home.repair
No Name

Default air conditioning thermostat failure question

"Dig" wrote in message
. ..
this is the 2nd thermostat to fail in 3 years time its a digital Honeywell
ct8775a. I live in Florida and it fails in the summer time while on

cooling.
the thermostat will register the 80 degree setpoint and turn on but not

shut
off ( thermostat always read house temp at 80) the house was 74 degrees

last
night, replaced the thermostat and all seems fine. I don't know why these
would fail in the same way, should I go with a normal honey well

thermostat?
(non digital).
thanks in advance
jeff

What's the model number?
Are you using the exact same model each time?