Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default air conditioning thermostat failure question

On Sat, 28 Jul 2007 19:47:52 -0400, "Dig" wrote:

thanks for your help CJT,
sorry about the thermostat # it actually is CT8775A,C. I have regular
maintenance performed by the Company that installed the unit and he said the
LV transformer was ok, and yes living in Florida we have a lot of lightning
spikes so may be that did it in.

When I tried to inquire about a lightning rod for my house, everyone
on the phone assumed I was in Florida.

Surely with the whole rest of the country also having lightning too,
that was an unwarranted assumption.

Actually, I wanted to know if I could convert my metal fireplace and
metal chimney into a lightning rod. I thought this might be real
easy, but like I say, they all thought I was in Florida, and no one
could answer my question, 23 years ago.

thanks again,
jeff