Posted to alt.home.repair
SteveB SteveB is offline

Default propane tank date

"willshak" wrote in message
on 7/28/2007 8:25 PM SteveB said the following:
"trainfan1" wrote

Just exchange it at WalMart when it expires. I even trade in my old
non-OPD tanks for the Blue Rhino tanks at WalMart. No extra charge.

Rob

When they were phasing out the old tanks, around here, you could take in
an old tank that was out of hydro, and no questions asked, they would
give you a refilled tank with the OPD. I think it was just good business
on their part. I traded in about four old tanks that way. Just walked
in, shut up, paid at the counter, and walked out with the new tanks.

Steve

I don't know about the rest of the world, or the US, but here in the NE
US, there is a company called Rhino, that has cylinder exchanges at almost
every supermarket, chain store, beer store, or convenience store, that
takes old tanks and exchanges it for a full tank.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

That's the one. I don't know if the clerk knew or didn't care. I sure
didn't care, as I thought I was going to have to buy four new tanks. As I
said, I think they just did it for good business, but after a time, I'm sure
they wouldn't take any more. By then, I had all mine changed out.

Steve