Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Fuse box to CB Panel - logistics

I some how remember something to turn aluminum wire into copper.
You'd crimp the coupler onto the end of the AL wire, and the
other side of the crimp had some CU wire coming out.

I'd have to guess a lot of short lengths of CU wire, wire nutted
and taped to the existing wires.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

"RichK" wrote in message
. ..
:
: "Joe" wrote in message
:
: Common practice is to install new meter base, weatherhead and
run new
: wiring to the breaker panel.
:
: This is being done.
:
: than to install a junction box and splice in more wire.
:
: But how do you transfer all the existing 10-14 ga wires from
the existing
: fuse box, to the new panel. Even if located in exact same
spot, the
: geometry is different and many of these will not be long
enough. Is there a
: clever way to "extend" them :-) That is why I asked if a box
with terminal
: strip can be used for this purpose. Such box could be
physically located
: above present fuse box, to make sure existing cables would be
long enough.
:
: RichK
: