Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Can I get a timer motor?

Did you check with an ohm meter, to see if the circuit is open?

The timer on my very old Whirlpool would jam at certain spots in
the cycle. Same deal, $75 for another timer. My usual parts house
didn't even have them. An Ebay seller had them. I took the timer
apart, cleaned it with brake cleaner, reoiled it, and it's worked
since then. That was at least two years ago.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

wrote in message
: My older Maytag washing machine suddenly stopped advancing the
timer.
: I checked and that small timer motor no longer works, and it is
: getting power. They dont sell these motors separately, and for
what
: they want to replace the whole timer, I may as well get a new
washer.
: I forced the gears and the motor is not locked up. I suppose
the
: coils inside just fried. Is there anyplace that sells these
small
: motors? The rest of the timer always worked fine. In the
meantime I
: will try to find a junked machine. I know they all have these
small
: motors, but if they are interchangable is the question.
:
: I wonder if motor rebuilders rebuild these tiny motors? We
have one
: nearby, but I have a feeling they just say to replace them.
:
: Greg